We have a wonderful High Priest. He cares for you so much. He thinks about you all the time.
- All his thoughts towards you are kind and loving.
Your sins cannot stop Him loving you. When He died a terrible death on the cross, He paid the full penalty for all of your sins.
- He offers you a complete pardon.
There was a man in the USA who was serving a long prison sentence for a serious crime. The President offered him a full pardon but he refused to accept it. The case went to the Supreme Court and the decision was just but terrible.
- If the prisoner did not accept the pardon, he could not be released.
To receive a pardon required admission of guilt.
- We are personally responsible for our sins, for our selfishness, for our lapses into dishonesty, for our anger and the way we hurt other people. We are personally responsible for the bad choices we make in life and the way our choices affect other people.
It is not so difficult to understand this but there is one great sin that we may not be aware of.
- There is a God who made us.
He made you and His deepest desire is to love you and for you to know and love Him in return.
- When we live as if He does not exist, it breaks His heart. He wants to have you back, to love and care for you as His own son or daughter.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:16-17 (NKJV)
We know that our choices affect our destiny.
The Buddhists and Hindus believe in Karma. What goes around, comes around.
The Bible teaches the same thing. You reap what you sow.
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. Galatians 6:7 (NKJV)
God saw the whole human race digging terrible graves for themselves.
- He saw them turning their backs on the only source of goodness and love, condemning themselves to frustration and disappointment in this life and everlasting sadness in the next life.
God also saw people trying to find their way back to Him by trying to be good, by being religious, by fasting and going on pilgrimages, by meditation in search of peace, by worshipping many gods.
God is real and He is who He is. There is only one God and He is the one and only Father of Jesus Christ.
- He has provided one way back to Himself. He offers you the only key that will unlock the door to Heaven. If you try using other keys, they will not work.
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6 (NKJV)
And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:25-26 (NKJV)
- … “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.
If you keep turning your back on God, there will come a time when God will let you reap what you have sown, eternity without love, without comfort, without peace and without goodness.
All good things come from Him.
- Right now you have the opportunity to recognise and accept the love of God.
He wants to give you a new life, a new start, a full pardon, an eternity of blessing and goodness in loving friendship with Himself.