He created you to be a wonderful person just like himself. Because He loves you, he wants you to be happy and healthy.
- Most of all, he wants you to be just like his son, Jesus Christ.
For from the very beginning God decided that those who came to him
—and all along he knew who would
—should become like his Son, so that his Son would be the First, with many brothers. Romans 8:29 (TLB)
We all need to be transformed dramatically to be like Jesus, all of us.
If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth.
But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. 1 John 1:8-9 (NLT)
The man who wrote these words was the disciple whom Jesus especially loved, the man who wrote the Gospel of John.
- A good leader knows he too is a brother or sister and not a superior holy being.
That doesn’t mean a preacher must always be available for everyone who wants his attention.
- Many people cry for the preacher’s attention like babies for their mother.
- Because preachers and leaders are only human, they need time to rest, think and listen to God.
Don’t expect a preacher to give you what only God can give, to give you his complete and undivided attention, to give you perfect wisdom and to love you as his own child.
Once someone rang up our pastor after 2 o’clock in the morning because he couldn’t sleep.
The pastor answered: “Now there are two of us who can’t sleep.”
But God never sleeps and when you can’t sleep, he is there with you.
God sees the end from the beginning.
Before your grandparents were born, he looked down the centuries to come and saw you choosing to love him and trust him with your life.
- He saw you learning to know him and experience his deep affection, to know the intense devotion that he has for you. If you belong to Jesus, God is your FATHER, the perfect Father who adores his children.
- A good mother adores her baby and the love of God is even stronger.
Sing for joy, O heavens; shout, O earth. Break forth with song, O mountains, for the Lord has comforted his people and will have compassion upon them in their sorrow.
Yet they say, “My Lord deserted us; he has forgotten us.”
- “Never! Can a mother forget her little child and not have love for her own son? Yet even if that should be, I will not forget you. Isaiah 49:13-15 (TLB)
What is God like?
But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 1 John 4:8 (NLT)
Who can understand what this means?
A child can understand best of all. A child knows what the love of a good mother or father feels like.
Then he said, “I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. Matthew 18:3 (NLT)
When it comes to understanding THE LOVE OF GOD, scholars and teachers often become confused.
- In one usually good commentary I found this strange contradiction.