If you are not trusting in Jesus, you are hiding from God.
Believing means trusting in the LOVE of God who GAVE His only son for you.
- You can’t really hide from Him because He sees your every move and reads your every thought.
You can’t hide from Him but you put barriers between God and yourself.
- You may hide in atheism, persuading yourself there is no God, while all the time you define yourself with the name of the one you say you don’t believe in.
A = NOT. THE-ism = GOD-ism.
- You may hide in theology, studying, reading and discussing what God might be like, while all the time God is real and alive and wanting to talk to you directly.
- You may hide in religion, persuading yourself you are OK with God because you believe in Him and go through certain rituals, say prayers and practise some good deeds.
- You may hide in fundamentalist legalism. You imagine you understand and believe every word of the Bible while you use Bible texts to criticise, judge and attack anyone who does not think and act exactly like yourself.
All the while, you know Jesus said:
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16 (NKJV)
Do you believe this?
- The devil also believes this.