- When your children suffer, you suffer.
- If your son or daughter has ever run away from home, been addicted to drugs or gone missing, you know what anguish can be.
Jesus is respected by millions around the world as a great teacher and prophet but this is not what Jesus said.
Jesus said he was sent by Father God to show us what our heavenly Father is like.
God is not a remote creator and judge, as Mohammed taught. Mohammed taught Allah is NOT a father and Allah has no son and no children. The Qur’an pronounces a curse on all who believe Jesus is the Son of God.
Jesus taught something quite different.
Jesus prayed to God as his Father.
After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: “Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.
- For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.
- Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. John 17:1-3 (NIV)
The ancient Greeks, like the Hindus of today, believed in many gods. Like the ancient Greeks, Hindus believe some of these gods have visited the earth in human form.
But Jesus was different.
He was born as a human baby but claimed to be the only son of the one and only supreme God.
No one has ever seen God. But the one and only Son is himself God and is near to the Father’s heart.
He has revealed God to us. John 1:18 (NLT)
Only Jesus revealed God as the supreme creator who is also a supremely loving Father.
… the Father himself loves you dearly because you love me and believe that I came from God. John 16:27 (NLT)
The Father in Heaven gave his only son to reveal his love and truth to his lost children, including you and me.
Jesus always acted with love and compassion for suffering men and women.
The Apostle Peter summed up the practical love of Jesus in these few words.
You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, telling the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. You know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached– how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him. Acts 10:36-38 (NIV)
If you are a heartbroken mother or father, God understands your pain because it is also His pain.
- He wants you to know Him as your Father who also loves your children.
If you are a young person abandoned by your parents or a wife rejected by your husband, God wants you to know He watched His son Jesus dying in agony on the cross, a victim of cruel religious leaders.
God is not the supreme puppet master who determines everything.
- He has given you and me freedom to choose.
- That is why this world is a mess, because of the bad choices of men and women, including you and me.
You must choose what to believe and who to trust.
- Will you decide to trust in the Father in Heaven who loves you enough to sacrifice His only Son Jesus for you?